Volunteer lawyers assist indigent persons:
- In Housing Court.
- In Family Court.
- In administrative hearings.
- To secure uncontested divorces.
- To assist in other miscellaneous matters, such as foreclosures, bankruptcy and consumer problems, and the drafting of wills.
Applications for assistance will be considered by:
- The nature of the request.
- The availability of a volunteer attorney.
- The applicant meeting the program’s income eligibility requirements.
Applicants seeking pro bono help should call on
Monday through Friday
between the hours of 10:00 AM & 4:00 PM:
For additional information on free legal services in your community, visit www.lawhelp.org
For additional information on free services to prevent foreclosure, call 311
and ask for The Center for New York City Neighborhoods